Very few critical facility owners have effectively addressed the reality that human error causes more downtime impact than facilities systems failures. Industry studies repeatedly confirm 70% or more of operations interruptions directly result from people working in the critical environment.
Lack of training, lack of procedures, incorrect procedures, and inadequate staff size are common root causes identified following incidents directly impacting a company’s operation, profit, and reputation. Often, leadership finds their focus on building a high availability facility did not extend to creating and implementing a successful strategy for reliable operation.
Highly successful critical facility operations consistently share five key practices as part of their critical facility operations strategy:
- Creating a staff plan to meet the operations objective
- Developing a site-specific training program
- Operating with comprehensive procedures
- Employing Critical Facility Work Rules
- Assessing the operation for continuous improvement
To view the full whitepaper click here.